I paint “in series” on themes of passionate interest:
1) LAKE – Recent paintings were inspired by hiking trips to Lake O’Hara, a World Unesco Heritage site. Other lakescapes are a continuation of work initiated at the Emma Lake Artist Workshops in 2009 & 2011, a historic retreat for professional artists in Sasketchawan.
2) LANDSCAPE ABSTRACTIONS – In my artwork there is a constant interplay between reality and abstraction…
3) MEADOWS – I am intrigued by colour & texture of all types of meadows: alpine, foothill, prairie and lakeside. With sunlight, meadows become “mosiacs of colour”.
4) PILGRIMAGE – In March 2010, my solo exhibit “Pilgrimage” depicted my journey to a World Unesco Heritage Site & monastery off the coast of Ireland in 2008.
5) “RIDE FOR LIFE” – For 3 years, my husband & I rode in the Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer. This series is dedicated to portraying this ride in the iconic landscape of Alberta. See Leap Magazine: http://myleapmagazine.ca/2011/03/my-leap-3/