I paint “in series” on themes of passionate interest:
1) CIGAR BOX/Small Works – Recent paintings inspired by local landscapes.
2) LAKE – Art inspired by Lake O’Hara, Rocky Mountain “World Unesco Heritage site” AND lakescapes initiated at Emma Lake Artist Workshops, historic retreat for professional artists in Saskatchewan.
3) LANDSCAPE ABSTRACTIONS – My paintings are a constant interplay between reality & abstraction.
4) MEADOWS – I am intrigued by colour & texture of all types of meadows: alpine, foothill, prairie and lakeside. With sunlight, meadows become “mosaics of colour”.
5) PILGRIMAGE – In 2010, my solo exhibit “Pilgrimage” depicted my journey to the island of Skellig Michael with historic monastery near Ireland’s SW coast.
6) “RIDE FOR LIFE” – For 3 years, I rode in the Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer: a series dedicated to this event & the iconic Alberta Foothills. See Leap Magazine: http://myleapmagazine.ca/2011/03/my-leap-3/
7) SHORE – Recent landscapes inspired by Bowen Island, West Coast, Canada.